Are you struggling to figure out what shoes to wear with your orange dress? Do you find yourself staring blankly into your closet, hoping for a stroke of inspiration?
Well, fear not! You're not alone in this fashion dilemma. Choosing the right shoe color to complement your vibrant orange dress can be tricky, but with a little guidance, you'll be strutting your stuff in style in no time.
Today we delve into the world of shoe-color matching and explore the best options for your orange dress. So whether you're dressing up for a special occasion or simply want to add some pizzazz to your everyday look, we've got you covered.
So, sit back, relax, and let's dive in!
The Basics of Shoe Pairing with Orange Dresses
When it comes to pairing shoes with an orange dress, it's essential to keep a few basic principles in mind. First and foremost, you want to choose a shoe color that complements your dress rather than clashes with it. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Neutrals Are Your Friend
When in doubt, stick with neutral colors like black, white, nude, or metallics like silver or gold. These colors go well with almost any shade of orange and provide a chic and polished look.
2. Try Color Blocking
If you're feeling adventurous, pair your orange dress with shoes in a complementary or contrasting color. For example, when paired with orange, blue, green, or purple can make for a bold and eye-catching statement.
3. Consider the Occasion
Think about the event you're dressing for and choose your shoes accordingly. Opt for heels or dressier shoes if you're dressing up for a formal occasion. For a casual daytime look, sandals or sneakers are more comfortable and practical.
4. Consider the Dress Style
The style of your orange dress can also impact your shoe choice. For instance, a bohemian-style dress pairs well with strappy sandals or ankle boots, while a fitted dress may look better with pointed-toe pumps.
5. Consider the Shade of Orange
The shade of orange can also affect which shoe colors work best. For example, a bright, neon orange may look great with a neutral or metallic shoe, while a deeper, burnt orange may pair well with earth tones like brown or olive.
Remember, the key is to balance your orange dress and shoes. You want your outfit to look cohesive and stylish without overwhelming or underwhelming. By following these basic principles, you'll be well on your way to creating a beautiful and balanced outfit that's sure to turn heads.
Now, let's get into the fun part: the shoe colors!
Pairing 1: Neutrals
Nude or beige shoes are a classic choice that works well with most shades of orange. They create a neutral base that allows the orange dress to be the outfit's focal point. Beige or nude shoes can be worn with various styles of orange dresses, from bright and bold to soft and pastel.
They are versatile enough to be worn for various occasions, from casual to formal. If you're unsure which shoe color to choose, nude or beige shoes are always a safe and chic option that will never go out of style.
Pairing 2: Black
Black shoes are a sleek and versatile option that pairs well with any style of orange dress. They create a sophisticated and polished look that can be dressed up or down. Black heels are an excellent choice for a formal event, while black flats or sandals are perfect for a casual daytime look.
When pairing black shoes with an orange dress, it's essential to consider the shade of orange. A bright orange dress can create a bold contrast with black shoes, while a more muted shade of orange can create a more subtle and sophisticated look.
Pairing 3: White
White shoes are a fresh, summery choice that pairs beautifully with a bright or pastel orange dress. They create a crisp, clean look that is perfect for warmer weather or outdoor events. White sandals or espadrilles are an excellent choice for a daytime look. In contrast, white pumps or strappy heels can be worn for a dressier occasion.
When pairing white shoes with an orange dress, keeping the rest of your accessories simple and understated is essential. White shoes are a statement piece on their own, and too many other accessories can make the outfit look too busy or overwhelming.
Pairing 4: Metals
Metallic shoes, such as silver or gold, are glamorous and sophisticated, adding sparkle to an orange dress. They are an excellent choice for a dressier occasion or for those who want to make a statement. Metallic shoes pair well with any shade of orange, from bright and bold to soft and muted. They can be worn with various dress styles, including short, long, fitted, or flowy.
When pairing metallic shoes with an orange dress, keeping the rest of your accessories minimal is essential to avoid overpowering the outfit. A simple clutch or stud earrings are all you need to complete the look.
Pairing 5: Brown
Brown shoes are a warm and earthy option that pairs well with darker shades of orange. They create a natural, effortless look perfect for a casual or bohemian-inspired outfit. Brown ankle boots or loafers can be worn with a fitted or flowy dress, while brown sandals or espadrilles are great for a summery look.
When pairing brown shoes with an orange dress, it's essential to consider the shade of orange. Darker shades of orange, such as burnt orange or rust, create a beautiful contrast with brown shoes. Finally, pair your brown shoes with natural or neutral accessories like a woven tote or straw hat to complete the outfit.
Pairing 6: Tan or Cognac
Tan or cognac shoes are a stylish and trendy choice that works well with lighter or brighter shades of orange. These warm and rich colors add depth and texture to an outfit, creating a more dynamic and interesting look. For example, tan or cognac ankle boots or loafers can be paired with a fitted dress. In contrast, tan or cognac sandals or mules are perfect for a summery or bohemian-inspired outfit.
When pairing tan or cognac shoes with an orange dress, keeping the rest of the outfit simple and understated is essential. A neutral clutch or crossbody bag and minimal jewelry will allow the shoes to be the outfit's focal point.
Pairing 7: Blue
Blue shoes are a bold and unexpected color choice that contrasts strikingly with an orange dress. Lighter shades of blue, such as baby blue or sky blue, create a soft and delicate look, while darker shades of blue, such as navy or royal blue, create a bolder and more dramatic statement. Blue shoes pair well with various styles of orange dresses, from bright and bold to muted and pastel.
When pairing blue shoes with an orange dress, keeping the rest of the outfit simple and understated is essential. Opt for neutral accessories and minimal jewelry to let the shoes and dress shine.
Pairing 8: Green
Green shoes are another unexpected option that can create a unique and eye-catching look when paired with an orange dress. Lighter shades of green, such as mint or seafoam, create a fresh and summery look, while darker shades of green, such as forest or emerald, create a more dramatic and sophisticated statement. Green shoes pair well with various orange dress styles, from playful and casual to elegant and formal.
When styling green shoes with an orange dress, it's essential to keep the rest of the outfit simple and understated to let the shoes and dress stand out. Neutral accessories and minimal jewelry will complete the look.
Pairing 9: Purple
Purple shoes are a complementary color that can add depth and richness to an orange dress. Lighter shades of purple, such as lavender or lilac, create a soft and feminine look, while darker shades of purple, such as plum or eggplant, create a more sophisticated and elegant statement. Purple shoes pair well with various orange dress styles, from playful and casual to sleek and formal.
To make the shoes and dress stand out, it's best to keep the rest of the outfit simple and understated. Neutral accessories and minimal jewelry will complete the look, allowing the dress and shoes to be the focal point of your look.
Pairing 10: Red
Red shoes are a bold and daring option that contrasts strikingly with an orange dress. Red shoes are a statement piece that works best with a darker or burnt orange dress.
When pairing red shoes with an orange dress, keeping the rest of the outfit simple and understated is essential. Opt for neutral accessories and minimal jewelry to let the shoes and dress shine. Red pumps or sandals can be worn for a formal event, while red sneakers or loafers are a great choice for a casual daytime look.
Red shoes are not for the faint of heart, but if you're looking to make a statement and turn heads, they are a stylish and daring option that will add a touch of personality and flair to any orange dress.
Top Picks: Shoes to Wear with An Orange Dress
Choosing the right shoes to pair with an orange dress can be daunting, but we have you covered. We have reviewed the top pairing options and selected specific brand/model shoes to elevate your orange dress look.
Timeless Color Choices
When it comes to pairing shoes with an orange dress, some colors stand the test of time, adding a touch of elegance and versatility to any outfit. These timeless color choices complement orange dresses effortlessly, allowing you to create a stylish and sophisticated look.
Check out our guide, linked below, for our top picks for shoes in timeless colors (like black, white, and nude) to pair with your orange dress.
Captivating Color Choices
- Steve Madden Gills Sneaker (in rose gold): These slip-on sneakers are a trendy and stylish choice for a metallic shoe option. They add a touch of glamour to any orange dress outfit.
- Naturalizer Tiana Loafer (in saddle tan): These leather loafers are a comfortable and stylish option that adds sophistication to a casual look. The gold hardware detail adds a subtle touch of glamour.
- Franco Sarto Hadrea Sandal (in olive green): These sandals are a unique and unexpected option. The block heel and ankle strap provide stability and comfort, while the pop of green adds a touch of personality.
- Sam Edelman Loraine Loafer (in purple): These velvet loafers are an excellent complementary color option. They add depth and richness to a lighter orange dress pairing, creating a sophisticated and elegant look.
- Michael Kors Becky Sandal (in red): These patent leather sandals are a bold and daring option to pair with a darker or burnt orange dress. The block heel and ankle strap provide stability and comfort, while the red pop adds a style touch.
- Vince Camuto Corlina Ankle Strap Sandal (in mystic blue): These ankle strap sandals add color to a bright orange dress. The block heel and simple design make them suitable for formal and casual occasions.
The above list provides some excellent shoe options to pair with your orange dress and elevate your overall look. Don't be afraid to mix and match and find the perfect shoes for you!
Trending: Who's Wearing Orange Dresses
From the runway to the red carpet, orange dresses have made a statement, and celebrities are not afraid to show off this bright and bold color. Let's look at some celebrities who have been rocking orange dresses and the shoes they paired them with.
- Lizzo: wore an orange ruffled mini dress to the BET Awards, paired with silver platform sandals.
- Tracee Ellis Ross: wore a bold orange dress to the NAACP Image Awards, paired with strappy gold sandals.
- Issa Rae: wore a stunning orange and pink ombre gown by Giambattista Valli to the Screen Actors Guild Awards, paired with simple black sandals.
- Anya Taylor-Joy: wore a satin Dior dress to the Golden Globe Awards, paired with black pumps.
- Megan Thee Stallion: wore a bold orange gown with a thigh-high slit to the Grammys, paired with strappy silver sandals.
- Emma Stone: wore a structured orange gown by Louis Vuitton to the Cannes Film Festival, paired with black sandals.
- Amanda Gorman: wore a bright orange Prada gown to the Met Gala, paired with strappy silver sandals.
- Yara Shahidi: wore an elegant one-shoulder orange gown to the SAG Awards, paired with strappy metallic sandals.
These celebrities have shown us how to rock an orange dress with confidence and style. So why not take inspiration from these fashion icons and try out an orange dress for your next event?
Tips from Our Editors
- Invest in Quality: Opting for premium quality shoes can provide you with extended durability and be a valuable investment of your time and money. This approach ensures that your shoes will continue to be a timeless addition to your wardrobe, offering you years of wear and style.
- Coordinate Your Accessories: When pairing shoes with an orange dress, it's essential to consider the overall aesthetic you're aiming for. Coordinating accessories like jewelry, belts, and handbags can add a refined and sophisticated touch to your ensemble. Selecting accessories that complement your shoes and dress can also help to create a cohesive and polished appearance.
- Clean and Maintain Shoes Regularly: By regularly cleaning and polishing shoes, you can preserve a fresh and flawless appearance, thereby enhancing the overall aesthetic of your look.
- Store Shoes Properly: Store your shoes correctly by placing them in a cool, dry location away from direct sunlight when they are not being used. To preserve their shape and prevent creasing, it's advisable to utilize shoe trees or stuff them with tissue paper.
On a Final Note
Pairing the right shoe color with your orange dress doesn't have to be a daunting task. With these tips and tricks, you can create a cohesive, stylish outfit that turns heads.
So go ahead, experiment with different shoe colors, and have fun with fashion!
After all, as the famous quote goes, "Life is too short to wear boring shoes."